March 5

Progress Reports

Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,

Progress reports went home on Friday, 3/2, for the first six-weeks of our second semester. All grades are uploaded. During our first two days of class, I asked my students to write goals. Most of my students wrote that they wanted to pass my 9th Literature ESOL Sheltered class as well as their other courses.

I then asked students to write action steps they would do so they could achieve their goal. Most wrote action steps, such as:

I will complete all of my daily class work.

I will turn in all class work for grades.

I will attend class regularly to learn.

I will listen, pay attention, and do my best.

I’ve asked students to look at their grade in my class. If they’re truly not happy with it, I asked them to re-examine their goals and action steps. Honestly ask themselves, have they done what they need to do well and/or pass this required class?

There are 11 more weeks left to this semester and all students can succeed and pass if they commit to learning, attending class, and completing all class work. As my favorite quote says, 80% of success is just showing up.

Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.

Posted March 5, 2018 by 4jvrba in category 9th Grade Literature

About the Author

I'm an educator and writer who is passionate about sharing my love for words. Teaching a student to read and write are the best gifts I have to offer. "Education is the MOST powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." ~ Nelson Mandela.