April 27

Think Positive!

We are living in a challenging time. We are isolated from our friends and our normal life routines. Social isolation is especially hard for teenagers as it impacts their development of teenage social skills – a very necessary coming of age experience. What can you do if you’re feeling lonely?

Teens can learn coping skills to combat loneliness and learn to think more positive. One thought you can tell yourself is that this too shall pass. Social distancing is only temporary – it won’t last forever. We can learn good self-care.

• Start a journal to write your thoughts and feelings down.
  • Write down everything you are grateful for. You have good things in your life.
  • Call a friend when you’re down. Better yet, do a video call to see that friend you miss.
  • Get outside and enjoy nature. Take a walk. Enjoy living in the beauty of the moment.
  • Who can you help? Get your mind off yourself. Can you do something for your family without being asked?

Copyright © 2018. All rights reserved.

Posted April 27, 2020 by 4jvrba in category 9th Grade Literature

About the Author

I'm an educator and writer who is passionate about sharing my love for words. Teaching a student to read and write are the best gifts I have to offer. "Education is the MOST powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." ~ Nelson Mandela.